362 stories, 4 challenges, 832 comments, and 29 friends
Master of the Armory and Chief Nibmaker of Our Strange and Wonderful House. It’s a pleasure to meet you.
Like many others in this community, I have no qualifications for writing except a head full of ideas and a passion for good storytelling.
You can find me at email@example.com, or you may bump into me elsewhere on the internet as HSAR.
124 stories, 0 challenges, 956 comments, and 29 friends
Story writing: an unfortunate symptom of a leaky brain.
552 stories, 6 challenges, 5998 comments, and 28 friends
Dr. Tim’s Neurotic Rules of Ficly Life
[Disclaimer: This is not intended to be binding nor in any way an expectation of general members of Ficly, league members, family members or wearers of Member’s Only jackets]
1. Comment to Story posting ratio must exceed 5:1. Goal is 10:1. In other words, I write a story then find five others (at least) upon which to comment before writing another.
2. For every solo shot or sequel of my own material, I must write a sequel or prequel to the work of another author. If I’m going easy on myself, participating in a challenge also fulfills this requirement.
3. If someone comments on one of my stories, I go find one of theirs upon which to comment. It only seems fair, and I like to think it encourages commenting.
4. Awesomeness is the goal, always. Call me on it when I fail, please.
5. Clearly mark mature content and err on the side of caution.
6. Golden Rule remains in effect for all sequels, prequels, and comments.
163 stories, 2 challenges, 236 comments, and 5 friends
“Ascension” writer’s notes are here, http://ficlyascension.wordpress.com/ . Corrections and improvements, please!
Born 1948, married, two daughters. Living in Seattle, Washington state, USA. Retired from a career in IT. I enjoy wilderness sports, photography and writing.
322 stories, 40 challenges, 1316 comments, and 77 friends
I am the Guardian of the Ink Wells and Head Flight Attendant of Our Strange and Wonderful House.