Remixing... A Doll's House
This will be the last of my Remixing series of challenges for a while.
In this challenge, you are to use in a single story at least 4 of the following 10 lines, which I have selected more or less at random and on whim, from Henrik Ibsen’s A Doll’s House.
1. When did my squirrel come home?
2. What a horrible awakening!
3. Not even taken a bite at a macaroon or two?
4. I arrived by steamer this morning.
5. Pooh!—those were trifles.
6. Then it must be a very foolish law.
7. Down into the cold, coal-black water?
8. The thing perplexes me altogether.
9. There is a black cross over the name.
10. Is this yours, this knitting?
The lines must be integral to the story and not incidental. No other restrictions.