Remixing... The Glass Menagerie
In this challenge, you are to use in a single story at least 5 of the following 10 lines, which I have selected more or less at random and on whim, from Tennessee Williams’ The Glass Menagerie.
1. I give you truth in the pleasant disguise of illusion.
2. I understood the art of conversation!
3. The traffic jars the shelves and things fall off them.
4. Isn’t the air delightful after the shower?
5. Now it is just like all the other horses.
6. Oh, oh, yes – it stretches across the ceiling!
7. Because, to be painfully honest, your chest is flat.
8. The effort, the preparations, all the expense!
9. But blue is wrong for – roses…
10. I sang the baritone lead in that operetta.
No other restrictions.